Being a business owner also means maintaining several categories of people happy, including clients or customers. This type of people is the one that ensures the continuity of your cash flow and revenue. Thus, making them happy whenever they walk in your store is one of those amazing feelings that is so hard to describe.
For some entrepreneurs, that sense of accomplishment is far more important than the money they send your way. Having a small or large part to play in the success and happiness of your clients, gives you an incentive to continue on doing it on a daily basis.
If you don’t know what steps you should take to ensure the happiness of your clients, here are five little things you can do that will take your company to the next level.
1. When interacting with a client it is essential that you pay attention. Whether he is making small talk, or asking you about several features regarding your products or services, do your best to anticipate the needs of your customers. Moreover, get acquainted with their expectations and the communication style. It is in our human nature that, after working with someone for a period of time, you will learn the habits and patterns of that person if you actually pay close attention. Also, consider what matters most for your clients.
2. Who doesn’t like a surprise on his or her birthday? It’s nice to feel appreciated. Make a calendar of the birthdays of your clients and send them a handwritten note or give them a call. Moreover, know your customers’ schedule so that you can save the less pressing matters for a day when he or she is not extremely busy.
3. Ask the client what matters to him and his boss. Think for a minute before answering. Get acquainted with the communication style of the company and how the client is managed. Also, offer help accordingly.
4. Always be one step ahead of the curve. At times, a chaotic situation may arise out of thin air. But that does not mean you cannot prepare in advance for that pesky predictable chaos. In this way you will always have a contingency plan in place without creating panic among your clients or even your employees. Moreover, by doing this you are left with more time on your hands which you can use for creative and strategic thinking. Always remember that only you can be the true initiator of positive change.
5. Regardless in which field your company operates, you will be bound to make mistakes. Quickly and swiftly you need to own up to your mistakes. If the decision you made flopped, apologize and adjust accordingly. Not everything in this world is a sure win. Instead of searching for excuses or people to blame, own up to your mistakes and admit that things didn’t turn out as planned. Even the best of us can make mistakes at times, so own up to them and repair it ASAP.