As an entrepreneur it is likely that you will tend to keep a series of things bottled up inside. We always want people to believe that we’re on top of the food chain and everything is running better than ever.
However, the truth is that we have rational concerns related to what we are doing and how we are doing it. Still, most of us prefer to keep our fears hidden from other people simply because we are worried and cautious about how we may be perceived given the fact that vulnerability is not an attractive trait for an entrepreneur.
Having participated in a lot of networking events and Q&A sessions for years now, I can state without the shadow of a doubt that no entrepreneur is alone. So regardless of the fact that you talk openly about it or not, the vast majority of entrepreneurs has a healthy dose of fear of failure. Because in the end is not about not being afraid but how you deals with your fears.
To show you what I mean, here are some of the fears that I have had along the years and I haven’t shared with anyone:
- Time doesn’t wait for anyone. Ten years from now, will I look back and regret what I’m currently doing?
- Has my window for success closed?
- Am I ever going to see my vision followed through completely?
- Will I continue to be broke until I die?
- Will the products/services I develop be as good as I hope they will?
- Am I good at what I do? I tend to believe that everyone seems to be one step ahead of me.
- Could I ever be able to raise money again?
- Are people able to tell that I’m sugarcoating them at times?
- Will I need to work for someone else in the future?
- Will I always be envious of other people’s success, ideas and businesses?
- Do others work harder than I do?
- Am I doing the right things or am I wasting my time?
- If an investor is interested in invest in me yet he/she says no, does that mean that I’m not good enough?
- Why am I doing this? Does it make a difference? Does it even matter?
- Will I be able to satisfy my hunger or am I running in circles?
- Do I have the skills to succeed?
- Will I miss the chance to become a successful entrepreneur?
How about you? What are your secret fears? Let us know in the comments section below.